This website is run by Intelligent Assessment Technologies Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using your browser
- zoom in (up to 300%) without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- some areas may not be fully compatible with screen readers
- some text may not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window or use certain levels of magnification
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some tables do not have row headers
- some images do not have good alternative text or are missing
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, Easy Read, audio recording or braille, please get in touch:
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us using the details above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your feedback, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Intelligent Assessment Technologies is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The website is only partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (WCAG) AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Issues with PDFs and other documents
Our older PDF documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be marked up so they’re accessible to a screen reader. Please note that certain documents may be outside the scope of the accessibility regulations.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The following items don’t comply with the WCAG 2.1 AA success criteria.
Text and page structure
Some of our written content and page structure is not accessible. Examples include:
- Meaningless link text e.g. “click here”
- Links using only colour as a distinguishing factor
- Tables without row headers
- Legacy pages that don’t reflow when zoomed or viewed in mobile devices
- Insufficient text colour contrast
- Content which is not semantically structured
Many images on our site don’t have alternative content and in most cases this is because they are purely decorative; however, some images don’t have appropriate alternative content, and others represent text as images.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. Our policy is that any new documents we publish will meet accessibility standards. Any documents essential to providing our service will be fixed or replaced with an accessible HTML page.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 8 April 2021. The test was carried out by an internal team using an automated testing tool.